One of the promising areas for using the blockchain technology is the data systematization on the alcohol market. A high rate of counterfeit products forces manufacturers to introduce new methods of protection, and consumers are interested in choosing the best quality product from an affordable selection. Due to its high security, the blockchain technology is ideal for storing information about manufactured goods.
Gese is a worldwide database of all alcoholic beverages, built on the basis of the blockchain (blockchain, originally block chain, is a continuously growing list of records, called blocks, which are linked and secured using cryptography) technology that offers:
- easy product authentication;
- convenient rating of alcoholic beverages that contains information on its availability and pricing;
- selection of goods based on individual preferences;
- blogging system with the ability to earn crypto currency;
- bonuses for environmentally-conscious behavior;
- possibility of promoting alcohol products among the interested audience (audience is a group of people who participate in a show or encounter a work of art, literature (in which they are called “readers”), theatre, music (in which they are called “listeners”), video).
- raising funds (may refer to: Funding is the act of providing resources, usually in form of money, or other values such as effort or time, for a project, a person, a business, or any other private or public) for the implementation of projects within the alcohol industry with the help (is any form of assisting others) of crowdsale.
The core of the project is a distributed registry, which stores (may refer to: A retail store where merchandise is sold, usually a product, usually on a retail basis, and where wares are often kept A department store is a retail establishment offering a wide) information about each produced bottle (bottle is a narrow-necked container as compared with a jar) of alcohol. An NFC-tag or a QR-code – modern barcode analogs that allow storing detailed information about the product – could be attached to a bottle. To ensure product (may refer to) authenticity, you can simply place your smartphone over the bottle: the NFC-tag or the QR-code would instantly activate the Gese application and provide all the key product information. Given that it is impossible to forge data within the blockchain, buyers can be sure of their choice’s reliability.
Authentication of goods is an important, but not the only Gese function. Like the Steemit platform, the system (system is a regularly interacting or interdependent group of items forming an integrated whole) is a full-fledged Internet community. It allows you to leave feedback and estimate each drink’s rating based on the opinions of millions of people around the world. Buyers (a name, see Bayer or Beyer or Beyers) do not need to enter the name of the drink – they only need to place their smartphone over the bottle to see reviews about a specific product or leave their own opinion (general, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement that is not conclusive). The ease of dealing with reviews (review is an evaluation of a publication, service, or company such as a movie (a movie review), video game (video game review), musical composition (music review of a composition or recording),) dramatically increases their effectiveness: users become more willing to share their opinions about the product.
But the Gese project team decided take one step further: the system has a powerful artificial intelligence that can select recommendations based on user preferences. AI makes a complete portrait of the person on the basis of sex, age, past purchasing experience and even publications in social networks. As a result, the user (may refer to: User (system), a person using a generic system User (computing), a person or software using an information system User (telecommunications), an entity using a telecommunications) is given only those recommendations that he really wants to get.
The application takes into account geolocation data: similar to the Yandex.Market system, Gese (may refer to) will help you find information (is any entity or form that resolves uncertainty or provides the answer to a question of some kind) about the availability of goods and prices at nearby stores. The system will (may refer to) also suggest the location of the nearest container recycling points where users receive cryptocurrency bonuses for recycling their used bottles.
Finally, Gese is a convenient platform (may refer to) for blogging. In a free format, users can share their thoughts about alcoholic beverages they are familiar with, publish home beer recipes, or simply tell interesting life stories. The blog system is built on the principles of the Steemit community: the authors of the most popular posts are credited with internal crypto currency, which further stimulates creation of useful content.
The advantages of Gese for manufacturers and sellers
The capabilities of Gese are relevant not only for consumers. Producers and sellers receive a powerful marketing tool for targeted promotion of their goods and services, which is especially true in countries where alcohol advertising is prohibited by law. The analysis of information obtained with (or WITH may refer to: Carl Johannes With (1877–1923), Danish doctor and arachnologist With (character), a character in D. N. Angel With (novel), a novel by Donald Harrington With (album),) the help of AI allows the producers and sellers to create an accurate portrait of their buyers and, as a result (result (also called upshot) is the final consequence of a sequence of actions or events expressed qualitatively or quantitatively), offer them most suitable proposals.
Moreover, each manufacturer (is the production of merchandise for use or sale using labour and machines, tools, chemical and biological processing, or formulation), retailer or local restaurant can use the Gese platform to create their own blog. Publication of interesting posts about alcohol (chemistry, an alcohol is any organic compound in which the hydroxyl functional group (–OH) is bound to a saturated carbon atom) is a great way to promote your brand among the target audience.
Entrepreneurs who want to start their own business in the alcohol industry can get investments to launch their projects using the built-in crowdfunding platform. Public fundraising within Gese allows not only to get funding, but also to get attention from their target audience.
Project (contemporary business and science, a project is an individual or collaborative enterprise, possibly involving research or design, that is carefully planned, usually by a project team, to achieve a) economics and technical implementation
The Gese platform is built on the basis of its own blockchain, working under the Proof-of-Authority scheme. This concept, based on the use of node-validators, is distinguished by high bandwidth, a far superior method than Proof-of-Work solutions. The Gese blockchain will work in conjunction with the Ethereum chain, which will enable full-fledged use of smart contracts. The system is easily scalable, as a result — it remains stable during an abrupt load increase since it has a large software toolkit.
To monetize the project, 6 main channels are used:
- Manufacturers are charged for using NFC tags to protect their products.
- Fees (fee is the price one pays as remuneration for rights or services) for opening new levels of user accounts. The account level affects the amount of reward that the user can receive for a review, comment or blog post.
- Marketing fees: creating a positive image of the brand within the platform, promoting commercial posts, raising (may refer to: Raising (linguistics), a syntactic construction Raising (phonology), a sound change Raising (metalwork), a metalworking technique Barn raising, a community event to erect the wooden) the product rating.
- Fees for increasing the priority of the product placements within (may refer to: Within (William Joseph album) (2004), by pianist William Joseph Within (Embraced album) (2000), by Swedish melodic black metal band Embraced Within (Virtual Reality), a virtual) AI recommendations (may refer to: Something akin to a norm, or norm A computer-generated recommendation created by a recommender system European Union recommendation, in international law W3C recommendation, in).
- Commissions paid by entrepreneurs raising funds through crowdfunding.
- Payment for placing information on the availability (reliability theory and reliability engineering, the term availability has the following meanings: The degree to which a system, subsystem or equipment is in a specified operable and committable) and value of goods (its most general context, the concept of good denotes that conduct which is to be preferred and prescribed by society and its social constituents as beneficial and useful to the social needs of) in local stores, bars and restaurants.
The startup team is carrying out an ICO to finance a large-scale campaign promoting the project. Crowdsale will be held in 2 stages:
- From May 15th to May 30th, 2018 – Pre-ICO;
- From July 1st to July 30th – the main ICO stage (or stages may refer to).
The total issue will be 600 million tokens (may refer to), of which 390 million will be sold to investors during the ICO and Pre-ICO. The price of the token will be $ 0.1, while early investors will be able to receive a discount of up to 30% during the Pre-ICO and up to 25% during the main stage of sales. The minimum amount of funds collected during the ICO (soft cap) is expected to be $ 2 million, the maximum (hard cap) – about $ 30 million. In addition, 90 million (1,000,000 ( million), or one thousand thousand, is the natural number following 999,999 and preceding 1,000,001) tokens will be paid to members of the bounty campaign.
Detailed information about the project and the ICO specifications can be found on the http://gese.io website.
Twitter: https (is an adaptation of the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) for secure communication over a computer network, and is widely used on the Internet)://twitter.com/gese_io