Robert De Niro speaks out on suspicious package at his restaurant
Robert De Niro thanked law enforcement for "protecting us" right after his New York City restaurant was the target of a suspicious package discovered Thursday. Numerous similar parcels have been sent to the properties and firms of numerous Democratic politicos beginning on Wednesday.
In his statement to Fox News, the actor praised authorities for their brave actions in keeping folks protected.
"I thank God no one’s been hurt, and I thank the brave and resourceful security and law enforcement men and women for protecting us," De Niro said.
He added, "There’s some thing much more effective than bombs, and that is your vote. Folks Have to VOTE!"
The suspicious package addressed to De Niro was found Thursday in the mailroom of his production company, TriBeca Productions, a law enforcement source told Fox News. Safety at the Tribeca Film Center named police because the package looked similar to the ones observed sent to former President Barack Obama, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, liberal billionaire George Soros, former Lawyer General Eric Holder, former CIA Director John Brennan and California Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters.
The NYPD Bomb Squad took an X-Ray and determined the package ought to be removed from the developing and sent to a facility at Rodman’s Neck in the Bronx.
𠇊 suspicious package was received. We referred to as the police. They took it out and went by way of all safety procedures,” the Tribeca Film Center said in a statement. “It was addressed to Robert De Niro and is comparable packaging to the other individuals. It is an open investigation. Every person is protected and the building is open.”
De Niro, a longtime Trump critic, earlier this month said he felt “offended” by Trump and the GOP. He had previously mentioned he would like to punch the president in the face.
Fox News’ Tamara Gitt contributed to this report.
Published at Fri, 26 Oct 2018 13:27:27 +0000