KABUL, Afghanistan — At least 40 folks have been killed and dozens wounded on Thursday morning in a complicated bomb attack that hit both a Shiite cultural center and the Afghan Voice Agency news organization in Kabul, officials stated.
The Islamic State group claimed responsibility for the attack, according to terrorist monitoring organizations. In the past, Islamic State loyalists have singled out Shiites for attack, and the group claimed to be behind an attack last month on yet another news organization in Kabul, Shamshad Tv.
In the assault on Thursday, one suicide bomber managed to enter the Shiite facility, the Tebyan cultural center and religious college, in the course of a group discussion, and he detonated his explosive vest, mentioned Sadiq Muradi, Kabul’s deputy police chief. Ladies and youngsters were among the dead at the center, which accounted for the vast majority of the casualties.
Witnesses reported that at least two other explosions followed in the location, the Qalay Nazer neighborhood in western Kabul, such as one blast at the entrance of the Afghan Voice Agency. A journalist at the agency, Sayed Abbas Hussaini, told Reuters that one particular reporter had been killed and another wounded.
A deputy spokesman for the Interior Ministry, Nasrat Rahimi, stated that at least 40 folks had been killed and an additional 30 wounded, but that was an initial accounting. He stated that two blasts right after the suicide bombing inside the Tebyan center have been triggered by improvised explosive devices that inflicted comparatively couple of casualties.
Later, Wahidullah Majrooh, a spokesman for the Wellness Ministry, said that 35 bodies and 20 wounded people had been taken to a hospital so far.
Published at Thu, 28 Dec 2017 ten:19:25 +0000